Before I continue on with this post, I thought I’d share some exciting news: My blog now has a Facebook page! Show me some love by LIKING the page 🙂
Anyway, remember how I was freaking out before I left for my vacation? Well, here’s an update on everything I have booked:
– Shaadi hall: booked in May
– Valima hall: booked in March
– Mehendi hall: Nouman booked it while I was on vacation. Yeay! 🙂
- Makeup Artist
– Shaadi and Valima booked
– I haven’t decided what to do about my makeup on the Mehendi day. Should I do it myself? Suggestions are welcome!
- Invitations: I can’t wait to post them up here! You’ll have to wait a few months though – I’ll only be uploading pictures once the invites have been given out.
– I haven’t decided if I will post the pictures before the wedding – probably not.
- Bridal Outfits: They turned out perfectly Alhamdulilah! I wish I could wear them everyday. Seriously.
- Mehendi “Stuffs”: I’ve slowly been buying decorative items for the mehendi – makes it easier on the wallet. I only bought 2 things from Pakistan – I didn’t have time or space in my luggage to buy more
To Do Still
- Reception Cake: You all know I love me some cake!
- Family’s Makeup: Any suggestions on who I should book for my sisters’ hair and makeup? I’m looking for someone amazing but affordable (are the days of $50 and under long gone?)
- Valima Centerpieces: Can we just NOT have centerpieces?! We’re going to make our own – hoping to have them made and stored in the basement. Stay tuned for a post coming up on this…
- Guestlist: Finalize and send out invitations
- Favours: I have to stuff and assemble the favours
- DJ/Audio/Visuals: Nouman’s responsibility
- Transportation: Nouman
[Are you noticing a trend?]
- Honeymoon: Nouman
[No, seriously… are you?]
I think that’s about it…
p.s. Has anyone heard of the new Canadian-South Asian wedding magazine, Lavish Dulhan? Lavish Dulhan hopes to be a one stop shop for all brides-to-be: showcasing real weddings and reviews on various wedding vendors. I LOVE flipping through wedding magazines – I’ll be buying the magazine this weekend. I’ll post a review once I have a peak!