My pre-wedding posts will seem incomplete and insincere (to myself more than others) if I didn’t write about my bridezilla moments. Last week was particularly bad – it started off with one vendor driving me insane and it resulted in an entire week of crazy on my part (with my family taking on most of the hit).
Why Do Brides Go Crazy?
I can’t answer for other brides, but I know that I have my crazy moments because:
- Lack of Sleep: When I don’t get enough sleep (i.e. the past few weeks), I get super cranky. I take it out on everyone.
- A Never Ending To-Do List
- No “ME” Time: I’m not one of those girls who requires hours of pampering for some “ME” time – heck, I’ve only gotten a manicure twice and pedicure once in my life. The perfect ME time is when I’m sitting at home with some green tea and either reading, writing or just watching TV. I can’t remember the last time I was able to do that. These days, even when I’m blogging, I’m distracted by something I’m doing on the side simultaneously.
I’m assuming that other brides have bridezilla moments for similar reasons. The above reasons make me an annoying person all year round, so can you imagine how much more my emotions are heightened when it comes to wedding stuff?
In honour of my crazy, here are my top bridezilla moments so far…
MyOur Dream Venue: This was one of the most stressful phases of our planning. Finding venues that both Nouman and I liked was next to impossible – do you know how picky we are?! We managed to find my dream venue for the wedding but it was so out of budget. Nouman took on the task of negotiating with the venue and like a broken record, I annoyed him daily for updates. The back and forth drove me insane and I had several meltdowns (Nouman getting most of the hit) in the process. When we booked our venue, it was still being built so we blindly trusted the owners – I am so glad we did. The venue looks amazing Alhamdulilah and we’re hoping that all the last-minute details will be completed by June InshAllah.
- Outfits: I know most people think I’m crazy, but I really don’t want our close people to be either wearing their wedding dress or the same colors as me on any of the days. I don’t want all of us to look the same nor do I want people to look like a bride (regardless of what you say, anyone wearing their red wedding dress to my wedding is asking for attention). Hence, I have clearly told both Nouman and my own family what colours I am wearing on each day so that they do not wear the same ones. I will be extremely hurt and upset if anyone shows up in my colour or their wedding dress. I do, however, get super excited when people tell me they’ve saved/bought new outfits for our wedding – that is SO sweet!
- Decor: I have been second guessing my choice – from the vendor down to the type of chair we’ll be sitting on – recently. The closer we get to the day, the more I doubt my choices/taste in decor. I have also recently started freaking out about not liking the decor/not being satisfied once I see everything set up on the actual days.
- Guestlist: Overall, Nouman and I have let our parents take control over the guestlist. Although I would ideally have liked a small wedding, I know that that’s not what any of the parents or Nouman want. Since this day isn’t just about me, this is one area I was willing to be flexible. However, I would like to keep our Mehendi guestlist limited – this is a struggle.
- Randoms: I’ve had 2 incidents where I have completely broken down and cried/laughed… and made a fool of myself. I’m still not sure what happened those 2 times – I think I was just overwhelmed.
If you are one of the rare brides who did not have a single bridezilla moment, I’d love to hear from you!