Continuing the Buy List, below are my remaining categories – some items I still need to purchase!
This includes items such as toothbrush, comb, contacts/solution, hair ties, etc. There are SO many little things and I am so happy that my mom bought most of these things for me. I would have completely over looked this category (surprising, right?) had it not been for my mom.
Haha. I decided to call this category intimates because of an episode from Friends. This includes undergarments, lingerie and all sleepwear.
All your hair, makeup and skincare products.
I divided these into 2 categories:
- Formals: to wear with shalwar kameez
- Casual: flats and sandals
Buy outfits while keeping your honeymoon destination (and the time of year you are going) in mind. If you’re going somewhere beachy/tropical, you’ll need dresses, flip flops and all those other summery things. Going to a destination that requires alot of sightseeing? Make sure you bring some comfy shoes!
My mom insisted that I must take essentials such as bathrobe, towel, slippers, etc.
I’m probably the worst person when it comes to home decor (Nouman has a great eye for that stuff) so this was at the bottom of my list. Nouman and I (with the help and constant pushing of my mom) purchased our bedset and mattress a while ago. Our essential, must-buy-before-wedding, list was:
- Basic Bedroom Set: Bed set, night tables and a dresser
- Bedsheets, Covers and Pillows: Obviously, keep your bedroom colour scheme in mind
- Toilet Sink Accessories(I had no idea what this category was called – I had to go to Ikea’s website to check. I was going to say “Toilet Decor.”): Same as above – match your accessories to your bathroom colours
- Storage: Nouman and I have a tonne of possessions between the two of us (don’t judge us!) so we definitely need lots of storage space.