It’s officially back to reality for us – both Nouman and I start work today. I was off for almost 4 weeks; can you imagine how hard it is to accept going back? Sigh!
I’m still in shock that we’re married. All that planning, all that preparation, and it’s all over in a flash. I so wish I could go back! 🙂
Anyway, here’s what I’m mostly feeling right now:
- Happy to be married, Alhamdulilah
- Shocked: I still haven’t wrapped my mind around the fact that we’re married. All of a sudden it hits us sometimes and we’re like: Hey! We’re married! 🙂
- Homesick: Yup, I miss my family. Alot. Nouman’s family has been super awesome; everyone has gone out of their way to make me feel welcomed and at home. Funny fact: Nouman asks me daily if I’m happy – isn’t that cute? 😛 However, I can’t help but miss my family and the attachment I have to my things. A separate blog post is coming about my homesickness soon.
- Want to move to Barbados because we had an amazing time (Alhamdulilah), loved the country and the people
- Beautiful: This is going to make some of you think I’m a sap (Ghazal and Hafsa) but oh well. There’s something about the way your husband looks at you that makes you feel really beautiful. He doesn’t have to say anything but when he looks at you, you know he thinks you’re gorgeous even when you have no makeup on and a smelly breath :p
- Fat: Sad, but true. I should’ve listened to my mom and all my relatives when they told me not to make my outfits very fitted. For the past 2 weeks, we had been traveling so we ate out every meal. Imagine how my body feels. Yuck. Since we’ve been home, I’ve been binging on chocolate – I’ve finished off an entire box of Quality Streets on my own. I definitely feel very gross and unhealthy.
- Excited: Overall, I’m excited to see what the future holds for us. I’m hoping for a long, healthy, happy and successful ride together – with lots of support and love from our families. InshAllah.