I am so excited to share this amazing pizza place with you guys. My mom, sisters, Nouman and I love pizza – it’s my all time favourite thing to eat.
A few years ago, I had deep dish pizza in the Middle East. Since then, the only other time I’ve had deep dish was in Chicago this summer. I love deep dish and have been on a mission to find it in Toronto. For those who don’t know, deep dish pizza is different from regular pizza because the crust is thick and deep (hence the name!).
Guess what? I found a place and it is heavenly! Those of you who eat Halal, they have Halal chicken options.
Mickey’s Pizza is a small pizza joint in Mississauga – it can seat about 10 people in the summer and probably 5-7 in the winter. There isn’t alot of space inside the place but it is screaming of character. Surprisingly, for a small place, they have a very extensive menu. There are options for meat lovers, chicken fanatics and even vegetarians like me!
We got one of the combo specials – 3 deep dish pizza’s for $45. 2 of our pizza’s were vegetarian and the other one had chicken. We ordered The Cheesy Beast, Spinach King and Mango Tango.
- Crust: Buttery but not greasy, thick but not heavy and overall just perfect.
- Sauce: I love that the pizza isn’t dripping with sauce but isn’t dry either. The balance of sauce and cheese is just right
The Cheesy Beast
- Mozzarella, Goat, Feta, Cheddar, Asiago, Parmesan & Monterey Jack Cheese
- This pizza is a cheese-lovers dream. I’m not a huge fan of ooey-gooey-cheesey things so this was a bit much for me but overall, I still really liked it. Even for someone who doesn’t love cheese, I still liked the pizza – it just wasn’t my favourite. Of the 2 veggie pizza’s, my mom and Nouman labelled this as their favourite
- Sauteed Spinach with Cheddar, Asiago, Parmesan & Monterey Jack
- This was my favourite – it was very flavourful and all the ingredients complimented each other remarkably.
- Chicken, Carmelized Onion, Mango, Hot Peppers and sprinkled with Garam Masala
- I can’t say much about this since I didn’t have it. The overall consensus was that this was the best of the 3 – probably because most people like meat
I would absolutely recommend this joint for all deep dish lovers. Comparing this to Chicago, I think Mickey’s Pizza just might be 0.01 better!
Note: If you eat Halal, make sure you check with them each time you go there as their supplier could change anytime.