I’ve had it. Seriously.
This is a venting post so please stop reading if you don’t want to be surrounded by negativity.
I had a pretty severe meltdown on Friday… and then again on Sunday. Yep, haven’t had one of those in a while. Actually, my entire weekend was pretty emotional – I was all over the place. Here’s why:
- I realized I don’t have alot of time left until the wedding and I need to get SO much done. I have done nothing since my last update on my to-do list. We don’t even have someone booked to do our Nikkah yet!
- I don’t understand why people in the wedding industry don’t pick up their phones – if you’re not a phone person, you shouldn’t be in a customer-driven business. I have been trying to finalize a makeup artist for my family but some vendors are so reluctant to use a phone! Do you know how long it takes to clarify things over text? GAH!
- Whenever I tell people that I still have alot of things to do, nobody understands. I always get the same response, “oh but you have so much time.” Trying to co-ordinate every single detail for 4 events is much more challenging than you might think
- Why are weddings SO expensive?! Every little thing is adding up and I so wish I had thought about a few of my decisions earlier. I am Alhamdulilah happy with everything but as we’re getting closer to the wedding, I am more excited about the married life more than the wedding.
- Even though I don’t want to spend money, I sometimes can’t help but want things. This makes me feel even worse because I obviously can’t make up my mind about cost.
- My sister’s wedding planning – since I have done ALOT of research, I am trying to help as much as I can. It’s really hard trying to juggle work, my own wedding planning and her planning all while trying to maintain some sort of social life (I don’t have a social life anymore). I do get overwhelmed at times though… like this weekend.
- Why couldn’t girls have no hair – yeah, you know what I’m talking about!
- I really need to shape up and start taking care of my skin
- I just want to be married.
Rant over. I feel better already!